Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Supplier Lifecycle Management - Version 12.2.5 and later
Oracle Supplier Hub - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Supplier Lifecycle Management (SLM), Release 12.2.5, when exporting the supplier advanced search results to Excel file format and choosing the "Open" option, the Excel file opens with no information (blank).
When choosing the "Save" option to save the export file to the desktop, and then opening the file from the desktop, the file does display the exported information.
It is expected that the Excel file will contain/display the supplier search results regardless of whether the "Save" or "Open" file option is selected by the user.
Due to this issue, users cannot view the exported supplier search results when selecting the "Open" button.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to Oracle Applications, navigating to Supplier Management Administrator > Supplier Home
2. On the Suppliers home page, in the Simple Search region, click the Advanced Search button.
3. On the Supplier Advanced Search page, perform the advanced search.
4. In the search results, click the Export All button.
5. On the Select Viewer page (Integrator = POS Bulkload Integrator), select Viewer = Excel 2013 and click the Next button.
6. The next page shows:
A file will be downloaded to your desktop.
When prompted, choose to open the file and to enable macros. If no prompt appears, ensure your browser security settings allow files to be downloaded.
7. When prompted, click the "Open" button to open the XLS file.
8. The XLS file opens but it is blank and not containing any information. It does show the following message at the top:
"Protected View This file originated from an Internet location and might be unsafe. Click for more details."
Workaround - In Step 7, the user can select "Save" to save the Excel file to the desktop. Then, when opening the file from the desktop, the exported information is visible.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms