CWB Page Caching Causes Prior Values to Persist on Allocation Sheet
Last updated on OCTOBER 13, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Compensation Workbench - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1 HRMS RUP9 version, Compensation Workbench Caching and Display
On CWB Allocation Sheet, a Dynamic Column calculation was defined with an incorrect formula when the participation process was first run.
The Dynamic column calculation was corrected, however the incorrect values were still showing.
If browser cache is cleared - it does go away, however many managers have already saved their allocations, so cannot back out and re-run the participation process to correct.
And asking all managers to clear browser cache is an unmanageable solution.
Caching should not prevent Dynamic Column calculation to show corrected results from the re-worked formula.
Steps to Reproduce:
Keeping in mind that caching issues may be caused by other scenarios as well, here are the steps this particular issue presented:
1. Define dynamic column calculation to be 'column A Plus column B'
- Keeping in mind this is incorrect - actual correct calculation is 'column A/Column B'
2. Run participation process
3. For certain persons on the allocation sheet - enter an amount on the page - invoking the dynamic column to calculate.
- Verify that the calculation indeed presents as A+B instead of A/B
4. Save and exit.
5. Now change the dynamic column calculation to be A/B and save
6. Log out and log back in.
7. When you enter the sheet containing the persons already entered, value representing A+B is present
- Entering new value for editable column does NOT re-trigger dynamic column calculation under new formula, as page has been cached already with incorrect results of formula.
8. The only way to trigger the dynamic calculation is via local browser refresh.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms