Archiving a Negative PSD Amount With a City Tax Adjustment Without Enough Wages To Deduct the City Tax
(Doc ID 2302166.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 12.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Core Payroll - General
Chester City had a local tax rate change. They did a retro adjustment to correct the city taxes that were under withheld. They did a balance adjustment to RS PSD at the same time. If an employee ended up with little to no earnings that pay period, when the payroll was archived, the PSD Withheld numbers are displaying a negative value
To only see a value in the archiver, for PSD, that is associated with the .02 in city tax withheld for Chester City
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Chester City had a tax rate increase
2. The additional tax was added to the employee's element entries to be deducted from the payroll
3. The employee did not have enough in earnings to take this tax
4. Only .02 was actually withheld for City tax
5. When the Payroll Archiver was processed, the system generated a negative value for the PSD withheld values
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document