Last updated on SEPTEMBER 04, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Sourcing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How to restrict user from entering value longer than 150 for Sourcing RFI Requirement response value?
- In bug 22533709, issue of "attempting to complete the RFI , the following error occurs. "ORA-12899: value too large for column "POS"."POS
SUPPPROF EXT B"."C EXT ATTR3" (actual: 285, maximum: 150)" was resolved, and if RFI for Pre-Qualification template response text entered over 150 characters entered no longer error shown.
However, the fix does not restrict entering user more than 150 and it will cause confusion as the response is truncated.
Need to restrict new supplier to enter 150 characters/bytes maximum.
1. Set up an additional tab page (using attribute group setup) for new supplier to fill in some information with a text area field.
2. The supplier tab page text area field cannot be entered over 150 characters.
3.Setup a New Registration Pre-qualification template for new supplier to enter above field.
The text field is no length limitation and it can be entered over 150 characters.
4. When completing the RFI as the response text value is over 150 characters.
5. Then response value is truncated to 150 characters.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms