Serial No On Service Request or Repair Order For Current And Historical Data Changes After Performing A Modification
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 04, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Repair Execution
Using functionality from Note 2045345.1. When submitting a job with job action type 'Change Part and Serial Number', the end result (after completing the job) is that the Installed Base instance is updated correctly with the new item and serial number, but in the Repair Order(RO) details, it is showing the combination of new serial number, existing instance number and the old item (the one originally entered). This combination is no longer valid though; the instance is now for the new item so we would expect that to show as such on the RO as well.
1. Historical data should not be changed if a serial number change is made on another new Job.
2. The Service Request(SR) search filter is incorrect as it shouldn't display the modified Serial Nos, and the results section should not retrieve any result for modified serial
3. The RO search filter is correct as it displays only the original serial numbers, the results section is incorrect as it pulls out original and modified SR.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to apps
2. Create Service Request and Repair order
3. Submit a job with job action type 'Change Part and Serial Number'
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms