12.2 E-Business Suite Field 'From Role' of Timecard Approval Notification Page Shows 'From User' As 'UMX|UMX_PROXY' When A Timecard Is Submitted By A Proxy User
(Doc ID 2305588.1)
Last updated on APRIL 15, 2020
Applies to:Oracle User Management - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
E-Business Suite 12.2 User Management, User Interface (UI) Proxy Delegation related issues
Timecard Approval Notification page shows field 'from_user' with value 'UMX|UMX_PROXY', instead of the actual User Name when a proxy user submits a Timecard for another user.
1. User A is set as Proxy user for other User say B .
2. User A logs in and Switch User to User B
3. Entered a Timecard for User B and Submits.
4. Approver/Supervisor gets Timecard Approval Request
5. From Role for the Notification shows like "UMX|UMX_PROXY_2703f...." instead of Actual user Name B.
The same can be verified with the NOtification ID the from field shows something like ' UMX|UMX_PROXY_200000FA4' and this is due to the
#FROM_ROLE attribute that has this value , please see it below :
The Timecard Approval Notification should show actual User Name.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot see the User Name who submitted the timecard
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document