"FRM-41050: You Cannot Update This Record" Error When Closing Contract Authoring Form
(Doc ID 2313886.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to close a contract that has just been moved from QA Hold to Active status by running the QA Check, the following error occurs. The error is non blocking and clicking OK on it makes the error and the Authoring form close.
FRM-41050: You cannot update this record.
1) Navigate to Contract Search form.
2) Search for and open an Active Service Contract.
3) Open the contract for update
4) The contract is now in "QA HOLD" status.
5) Change the description (make any minor change).
6) Using the menu navigate: Actions > Check QA.
7) If no QA Errors are shown, click OK to make the contract Active.
8) Close the authoring form and the indicated error message pops up.
9) Clicking OK on the error makes it go away and the authoring form closes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document