Copy Item Succeeds But Raises Error: "The page can't be displayed"
Last updated on OCTOBER 07, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to copy an item, customer is getting 'Cannot display page' error after sometime. However when customer logins back and check for the item, it is created in system with incomplete information but it is not creating the structure.
Error as 'The page can't be displayed.'
WHAT IS WORKING
The copy item works in some item catalog categories (ICC) but not others.
During testing, notifications appeared about seeded event errors for the Business Event processing. The error message_name is DEFAULT_EVENT_ERROR. The full Error Stack follows:
1. Development Manager > Item Catalog > Item Simple Search
2. Enter Item in 'Simple Search' and click on search
3. Click on item name hyper link in item search results page
4. Item overview page is displayed
5. Select the 'Copy Item' option from actions list of values and click on 'GO'
6. Create Item page is displayed
7. Click continue button in 'Create Item' page
8. 'Create Item: Enter Number/Description' page is displayed
9. Enter Primary and Descriptive attributes
10. Click Finish
11. Observe that 'This page can't be displayed'
12. Login again and search the item. Verify that item is created with partial information with out structures.
Due to this issue, users cannot use copy function to create similar items and their structures.
This would delay the process of creating similar items and cause the customer to loose man work hours in following workaround and which would cause financial loss.
Upgraded from R12.1.3 to R12.2.6.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms