GLPPOS: Intracompany Line Not Created in Secondary Ledger when Entered Debit and Credit Amounts are Zero
Last updated on JUNE 25, 2018
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.4
GLPPOSS - GLPPOS Posting program creates "Rounding difference line added" instead of the "Intracompany balancing line" for Secondary Ledger.
Issue is only observed in Secondary Ledger .
Entering/uploading foreign currency batch via WEBADI.
Both primary and secondary ledger share the same chart of accounts and the same currency and both Ledgers have valid Intracompany and Intercompany rules setup.
Balancing segments are assigned to legal entity.
Create two foreign currency journals for primary ledger .
1) Journal 1 has entered debit and credit amount as zero, 0.00 and the Accounted Debit /Credit are non zero.
2) Journal 2 has valid non-zero entered debit and credit as well as accounted Debit/Credit amounts.
a) Behavior that is observed is that for journal 1, where the Intracompany Balancing is not used by the system, instead rounding difference tracking account is used only in the secondary ledger.
b) For journal 2, appropriate intracompany balancing is used and correct intracompany lines are created both in the primary and secondary Ledgers
Steps To Reproduce
The issue may be reproduced at will with the following steps for Journal 1:
1. Primary ledger Journal 1 has entered debit/credit = 0 and accounted debit/credit valid non zero amount.
2. Post Journal 1 in Primary ledger and it is observed the correct intracompany line is created, for example:
6803.2152.25815.00000.00000.6802.2110 Intracompany Line added for primary ledger.
3. The Journal 1 is replicated in the Secondary ledge, but it uses the rounding account, for example:
6802.0185.66398.41001.00000.0000.0000. Rounding difference line added.
Intracompany balancing lines should be created in Secondary ledger.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms