Recipient Address Has Been Cut And Getting javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses; nested exception
Last updated on OCTOBER 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Email Center - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to reply to email,
the following error occurs.
" javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses; nested exception is: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddres. SMTPAddressFailedException: 550.5.1 ..User unkown"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set the Profile option "IEM: Admin: Reply To All" to ‘Yes’ at site level.
2. Sender (email@example.com) sends email to ATMSecurity@abc.com (This email account is not an active email account in Email Center)
According to a rule in MS-Outlook, all emails, which will be sent to ATMSecurity@abc.com will be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org (which is an active email account within Email Center).
3. Navigate to (R) Email Center Agent Console -> Email Center Agent Console -> Messages -> My Inbox
4. Open the email
5. Within the reply, “To” is filled with "email@example.com; ATM."
So the recipients address ATMSecurity@abc.com has been cut. Recipient is not a valid email address:
6. When now clicking on reply without having repaired the erroneous To-string, error page will be raised.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms