MSCA Transaction Error
(Doc ID 2317954.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to pick move order using mobile,
the following error occurs.
Quantity to be transacted exceeds available to transact. Please re-enter
Cause: The transaction quantity you have requested exceeds the quantity available to transact. You may not be able to perform the transaction under this situation.
Action: Please check your on-hand balances and available to transact and try the transaction again.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Item 10034048-001 exists in ‘MEX’ sub-inventory, ‘B3E7’ locator under lot ‘MEX11512127’ for 27 quantities. All 27 quantities are free for transaction.
2. Creating a job 21079436 that requires 10034048-001 as a component. 20 qty is required for the job
3. Component pick release program is run for the job and this creates a move order 36374145.
4. Move order has locator allocation and no Lot allocation. This is as expected with the ALLOCATE_LOT_FLAG = 'N' at the organization parameter.
5. Picking this move order using MSCA
6. Confirming the item, sub inventory, locator and quantity fields brings up the lot confirmation field (lot number is blank as we don’t have any allocation as of yet).
7. ‘CNTRL + L’ on the Confirm lot field ideally shows the available lot numbers to transact, but here since there is only one lot number it gets filled in.
8. Confirming the lot qty as 20 brings about an error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document