Rebooking Transaction Not Allowing Existing IB to be Added as New Asset
Last updated on OCTOBER 31, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.4 version, Lease Authoring
When attempting to rebook to add a new Asset having serial number already existing in IB,
the following error occurs.
Passed Serial Number (C85028557) violates uniqueness with in Inventory items.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Lease super user responsibility and click on link Lease
2. Go to operations tab and search for any booked contract
3. choose option revise, provide further details and go to configuration tab
4. Create a new asset and provide details and click apply
5. Enter the serial number (e.g. C85028557) for the asset which exists in IB (CSI_ITEM_INSTANCES)
6. Click on activate button in summary tab after all other details entered
7. price the revised contract and click on submit and error is displayed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms