Federal W-2c File Has Header Record With No Employee RCW Change Record
(Doc ID 2325482.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.4 version, US Payroll Year End
Correcting employee's names and creating a W-2C PDF. Understand these name changes will not be reported to the SSA on the W-2C Magnetic Media but the W-2C Magnetic Media is creating the GRE Header record with no matching RCW employee record
No GRE Header record should be created when there is no corresponding employee data to be reported. This is causing the file to fail through Accuwage
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Have processed the W-2 Federal Magnetic Media
2. Make some name changes to the employee's, like Suffix
3. A W-2C PDF is created
4. Per the Oracle Legislative Analyst, these names changes will not be reported on the W-2C Magnetic Media <BUG 26223274> - YE17P1:121: FEDERAL W-2C MAG MEDIA NOT REPORTING NONMONEY CHG
5. The GRE Header records are being created with no RCW record, employee changes
6. This cause the W-2C Magnetic Media to fail in Accuwage
7. No GRE Header record should be created when the employee changes in that GRE are only name changes
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document