Parts Requirements - Parts Search: Not Able To Search In Other ORG IDs
(Doc ID 2327814.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Field Service - Version 12.2.4 and later
Oracle Spares Management - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Parts Requirements - Parts Search window, not able to search in other ORG IDs.
Users are unable to look for Parts in organizations (warehouses) other than target (technician) organization.
(R) Field Service Technician
(N) Repair Orders > SR > Tasks > Debrief
- After entering Parts Requirement, choose Parts that are required for repair.
- Tools: Part Requirements > Parts Search window
Simple Search (check boxes):
- My Inventory
- Other Working Technicians
- Open Manned Warehouse
- Unmanned Warehouse
- Include Supersessions and Substitutes
- Include Closed Warehouses and Non-working Technicians
- Use On-hand instead of Available On-hand
- Use Excess instead of Available On-hand
- Ship Set
- Use Current Location
Here the Sub-Inventories that are being sought up are those which the Technician (who is appointed to this repair task) has in its set up as 'Default' or 'Usable' (in Spares Management > Setup > Resource Addresses and Sub-Inventories).
Also, the Destination Organization is set up as default to the one that technician is operating in.
Probably because of that, when searching for parts, the search as mentioned above is looking for parts in Sub-Inventories set up for the Technician, but only in the technician's organization.
- Set up CSP profiles: for 'CSP: Part Search Method'.
Tested with both 'Inventory' and 'Spares Supply Chain'. Also 'Spares'.
- In Planner's Desktop, created planning nodes for Warehouses and Subinventories (tested with both of them).
- Set up Inter-Location Transit Times - Inventory > Setup > Organization > Inter-Location Transit Times
- Set up Spares Delivery Times
When performing a Part Search, user would like to see availability for given part in sub-inventories for ALL organizations.
In other words, to be able to look for parts in ALL of the organizations - not only in Sub-Inventories set up as 'Usable' or 'Default' for a given technician.
Can Parts Requirement be set up in the way that Parts are being sought also in other organizations?
This would prevent ordering from the Supplier when he can create an Internal Order from another Organization.
Set up for the technician (as usable) all the Sub-Inventories for the organizations he should look for spare parts in.
This solution could be however very time consuming, depending on the number of Technicians, organizations and number of Sub-Inventories in each.
(It works like that when technician finds part in his ORG but in other subinventory than his default:
Reservation is being made and after receiving reservation, the part is transferred to his default subinventory).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document