Terminate Expired Contract Failing with 'Run Revenue Recognition Program' Error
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Asset Management
When attempting to terminate upgraded contracts, the termination transaction shows the following error during contract validation phase:
Please run Revenue Recognition program, so Adjustments to Cash Basis Invoices can be processed
1) OLM-11i EBS instance is upgraded to R1225 OLFM EBS-instance. As part of upgrade, Transaction-Types: Invoice-OKL are renamed to Invoice-OKL_OLD and Batch-Source: OKL_CONTRACTS is renamed to OKL_CONTRACTS_OLD and end-dated to make it inactive for future use. Also, in 11i, there is no AR-functinality to generate Line-level AR-balances functionality as a result for all upgraded AR-invoice-lines, in RA_CUSTOMER_TRX_LINES_ALL tables, we are not seeing any AMT_DUE_REMAINING, AMT_TAX_REMAINING column values.
2) Also, in addition R12 Upgrade process creates new Transaction-Type: Invoice-OKL and Batch-source: OKL_CONTRACTS, allowing a configuration to Generate Line Level balances for future AR-Invoices with the new batch-source: OKL_CONTRACTS
3) In addition, in 11i, Lease Cash Basis invoices (Cash-With-Contingency) are AR-invoices with Advance-rule and running Revenue Recognition program only will generate AR-Balances for existing upgraded invoices.
4) Now, When trying to process a Termination Quote on an existing Contact with Open Receivables (Transaction-Type: Invoice-OKL-Old and Batch-Source: OKL_CONTRACTS_OLD) also with Lease Cash-Basis Invoices with Advance-Rules. Termination process is resulting in error: Run Revenue Recognition program, in order to adjust any open BILLED-NOT-PAID invoices on existing contract.
5) When running Revenue recognition program, nothing is processed to generate Receivables Line-level balances, as those invoices are upgraded from 11i and Transaction-Type and Batch-sources are renamed to OLD and end-dated.
6) Hence, Contract Terminations are stuck without processing.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Terminating upgraded contracts with open receivables (Cash Basis Lease Invoices)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms