Last updated on JULY 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Assets - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FAGDA -- Generate Accounts
Subledger Accounting Method
The depreciation expense account is defined differently by book, at the category level. After running depreciation (FADEPR) in a tax book or Create Accounting - Asset in R12, it is determined that the depreciation expense account was taken not from the category but from the corp book entry. Thus all books receive the same Depreciation Expense CCID.
NOTE ROLE: Steps to Reproduce:
Log in to FA responsibility, then:
1. Create category, enter different depreciation expense segments for the
corporate book (i.e. 100) and tax book (i.e. 200).
2. Create an asset within the corporate book.
3. Run depreciation FADEPR for the corporate book.
4. Run Periodic Mass Copy FAMCP to tax book for the appropriate period.
5. Run depreciation FADEPR for the tax book.
6. 11i = Run Create Journal Entries FAPOST for the corporate and tax books or R12 Run Create Accounting - Asset for each book.
7. Check journals within GL, depreciation has been populated with 100 (as mentioned above) for both corporate and tax books.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms