Temporary Password Reset for Supplier user Sets User End Date To 31-DEC-4712
Last updated on DECEMBER 13, 2017
Applies to:Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Suppler Management Administration / iSupplier Portal, Release 12.2.4, when an internal (buyer/admin) user performs "Reset Password" for a supplier user, the supplier user's FND_USER record has the value "31-DEC-4712" added to the End Date of the FND user account.
It is expected that the FND user account will not have the End Date field updated with any value, when the supplier admin performs the Reset Password functionality.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to System Administrator > Security > User > Define and query an active supplier user. Look and see the active dates for the user account. The ‘to’ date will be null:
2. Navigate to the ‘Approve Users and Manage User Profiles’ form from a responsibility (i.e. Supplier Profile Administration). Search for the same username as you did from System Administrator in step 1 above.
3. Click the blue ‘View Details’ icon to see the supplier user details.
4. Check the ‘Reset Password’ checkbox and click apply
5. View the confirmation message showing an email has been sent
6. Now look again at the System Administrator user form (Security > User > Define) and see the end date has been added as 31-DEC-4712.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms