12.2 E-Business Suite File Attachments Fail To Update Table FND_LOBS Correctly, AsColumn Fnd_lobs Program_name Is Updated With Null Value
Last updated on DECEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Application Object Library - Version 12.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
E-Business Suite 12.2 Applications Object Library, Attachment / Export related issues
After Adding and saving the Attachment, users query the FND_LOBS table and find the Program_name = Null.
User expect to see a correct program name (ex. Program_Name = FNDATTACH), instead of a Null value.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps (iProcurement example):
1. Sign on to Application
2. Select Responsibility: iProcurement
3. Navigation: iProcurement - Homepage Create a Catalog Requisition
4. Create Requisition # 123456 ->> Add to Cart View Cart and Checkout
5. Click: "Edit" Edit and Submit Requisition Page Click: "Add Attachment"
6. Find Attachment: "Test_header_attach.txt" And Save.
7. Switch to SQL Developer Check FND_LOBS Table in the Database.
8. Select a.program_name. a.* from fnd_lobs a where file_name = 'Test_header_attach.txt';
9. Returns Column Program_name = Null Instead of FNDATTACH
10. This appears to be the same Defect as reported in Bug 9454616 - PROGRAM_TAG,UPLOAD_DATE,EXPIRATION_DATE,PROGRAM_NAME ARE NULL
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot are confused as to why the Attachment Program_Name = Null, Instead of "FNDATTACH".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms