Error in Process Transactions In Fixed Assets Program
(Doc ID 2334181.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Asset Management
When running Process Transactions in Fixed Assets after processing a Partial Termination,
the following error occurs in the output file of that request:
Off-Lease transactions have been updated for asset <ASSET_NUMBER> in Fixed Assets.
You cannot perform this transaction on an asset whose normal life is complete but not yet fully reserved.
Error processing Asset Depreciation transaction in Fixed Assets for asset <ASSET_NUMBER>in book <FA_CORP_BOOK>.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Define Off Lease Amortization Hold Periods with a Hold Period Days value
of 3650 for the Asset Category of the Asset(s) being terminated on the contract.
Setup > Assets > Off Lease Amortization Hold Periods
2. Create a Contract with two Assets and a Term of 7 Months, so that the last period
of the contract is in the current open FA Periods. For example, if the current FA
Period is July 2017, the contract start and end dates would be:
Start Date: 01-Jan-2017
End Date: 31-Jul-2017
3. For the Assets on the Contract set the Depreciation to STL/6 Months.
4. Book, bill and accrue the contract as needed.
5. Process a Partial Termination for one of the Assets, using a Quote Effective
Date that is in the last month of the contract, such as 06-Jul-2013.
6. Once the Quote has been processed and reached a Completed run Process Transactions
in Fixed Assets. The request will complete successfully, but the output will contain
the errors mentioned above.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot have this program complete without error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document