Approve, Reject Buttons Visible In The Notification Even When The Approver Does Not Have Access To The Employee Data.
(Doc ID 2334524.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP9 to 12.1 HRMS RUP10 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the approver does not have access to the employee data for approval notification, the Approve and Reject buttons are visible.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Employee submits a SSHR transaction for approval
- Approver logins (in this case a delegated user with Vacation Rule) to the application.
- Opens the notification directly from Oracle Application Homepage under Worklists
- Notification shows following Error (this is as per current security profile setup - which is expected)
"You do not have access to the selected person's record. Please contact your Human Resources Administrator"
But this notification also has "Approve", "Reject" button. (if the approver does not have access to the employee data due to security profile setup, then these buttons should not be visible).
- When the same approver opens the notification, from Manager Self-Service -> All Actions Awaiting Your Attention. The same error does not occur due to correct security context being set, here the "Approve" "Reject" button shows and approver can take action without any issues (which is expected).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document