Duplicate COGS Transactions Are Created After GL Date Is Changed on AR Invoice
(Doc ID 2335583.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Cost Management - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Duplicated COGS recognition transactions are created for a single order issue transaction.
One COGS recognition transaction is created for a single order issue transaction.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Execute sales order issue on June 1.
- Create AR Invoice for this sales order line.
- Revenue is recognized on AR with GL Date = June 1.
- Run COGS programs on June 1. (Collect Revenue Information program and Generate cogs recognition events)
- COGS transaction is created as a logical material transaction with transaction date = June 1. Distribution records are created for this transaction.
- Change GL date to May 31.
- Close Inventory Period May.
- Close Inventory Period June.
- Close Inventory Period July.
- Run COGS programs on August 31, specifying Start Date = May 1 2017, End Date = Aug 31.
- COGS transaction is created as a logical material transaction with transaction date = August 1. Distribution record is NOT created for this transaction.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document