After PO Line (the only line of PO)Cancelled, Still Able To Submit For Approval Without Any Other PO Lines.
(Doc ID 2340220.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Purchase Order
When cancel PO line > add new PO line > delete new PO line, system still allows PO submit for approval without any PO lines.
Expect there is validation for PO before approval to check whether there is PO line existing or not.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. create requisition with requisition line #1 > autocreate to PO line #1 > save and approve PO.
2. cancel PO line#1 > on PO entry form, line number starts with #2 > PO status = Requires Reapproval, Closed
3. purchasing > autocreate > requisition line #1 back to autocreate pool > re-add requisition line #1 to above PO in step 1 > this time requisition line #1 added as PO line #2, PO header status = Requires reapproval.
4. click red cross button to delete line #2 > now PO does NOT have any PO line
5. no matter click save button or not > (B)Approve is available to click for approval, even now PO does not have any PO line.
6. without Requisition process, directly create PO on PO entry form:
create PO with line 1 > submit for approval, PO status = approved
cancel line 1 > PO has no line, PO status = requires reapproval, closed
re-add line 2 with same information > po header status = requires reapproval > click red cross button to delete PO line 2 > PO now without any PO line, while PO still is able to be approved after click (B)Approve.
7. issue is able to be approved,
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot prevent PO without any PO lines submit for approval.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document