CPP Retro Exemption Elements are Generated for Pay Period When There are No Retrospective Earnings
Last updated on DECEMBER 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (Canada) - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Payroll - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CPP EE Retro Exemption and CPP ER Retro Exemption elements are created with negative Pay Value for a pay period where there are no retrospective earnings
1. Ran Quick Pay for semi-monthly pay period ended 4/15/17
2. Entered 'NLA Extra Pay' earnings element for $100 effective 4/1/17
3. Ran Retropay (Enhanced) - effective 4/30/17
CPP EE Retro Exemption entry created:
Pay Value 4.95
Taxable 100.00 <== correct
CPP ER Retro Exemption entry created for same amounts.
4. Entered 'NLA Extra Pay' $400.00 effective 4/16/17
5. Ran Quick Pay for pay period ended 4/30/17.
6. Manually enter retro assignment via View > Retropay Status with reprocess date 01-APR-2017.
7. Ran Retropay (Enhanced) for Semi Monthly payroll effective 5/15/17
8. Checked element entries for 5/15/17 and see CPP Retro entries:
CPP EE Retro Exemption -4.95, Taxable -100.00, original date earned 30-APR-2017
CPP ER Retro Exemption -4.95, Taxable -100.00, original date earned 30-APR-2017
There should not be negative CPP Retro Exemption elements because there were no retro earnings in the 5/15/17 period.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enter retroactive earnings in a previously processed month
2. Run Retro-Notifications Report and Retropay (Enhanced) and see expected CPP Retro Exemption elements
3. Process payroll which processes the retro earnings, as expected.
4. Manually add a retro assignment to Retropay Status form to reprocess from a date earlier than previous period
5. Run Retropay (Enhanced) and find negative CPP Retro Exemption retro entries for the prior period, but there are no retro changes from the prior period
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms