When Installing BI Publisher and Running Config.sh "Invalid inventory pointer file:-oneclick" Error is Generated from Command Line
Last updated on DECEMBER 30, 2017
Applies to:BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.x [Release 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.0 version, Enterprise : Install / Upgrade
Trying to install BI Publisher on Linux server.
Objective is to complete a fresh software only install of 184.108.40.206 and then enterprise install with an existing WebLogic server.
It is failing with error when running the config.sh in the post install steps for the enterprise install.
Starting Fusion Middleware Configuration Wizard
ORACLE_HOME set as /u1/app/oracle11g/middleware/Oracle_BI1
PATH set as /u1/app/oracle11g/middleware/Oracle_BI1/bin:.:/u1/app/java/jdk1.7.0_51/bin:/u1/app/oracle11g/middleware/Oracle_BI1/bin:/usr/lib:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/home/oretail/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH set as /u1/app/oracle11g/middleware/Oracle_BI1/lib
Starting Oracle Universal Installer...
Checking swap space: must be greater than 500 MB. Actual 15008 MB Passed
Checking monitor: must be configured to display at least 256 colors. Actual 16777216 Passed
Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from /tmp/OraInstall2017-12-20_04-38-52PM. Please wait .....\bin> Invalid inventory pointer file:-oneclick
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install Weblogic: java -jar wls1036_generic.jar
2. Create Domain (basic setup): OBIEE_Domain
3. Assign JDK to /u1/app/java/jdk1.7.0_51
4. Create AdminServer to port <port number>
5. Update ADF: ofm_220.127.116.11
6. Oracle_Home definition was: oracle_common
7. Start NodeManager and Weblogic
8. Open PSA and update metadata. from(oracle_common)
9. Unzip BI from unzip obi_LINUXX64_18.104.22.168.0_disk1of5.zip through obi_LINUXX64_22.214.171.124.0_disk5of5.zip
10. Install BI: Disk1]$ ./runInstaller
11. Chose: Software Only Install
12. Chose: Oracle_home_dir as Oracle_BI1
13. Try to run the setup of BIP (required for Oracle SIM and Oracle RMS) or OBIEE (required for Oracle Allocations and Oracle RESA)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms