Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Exception Report Fails With ORA-06512
(Doc ID 2345892.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2021
Applies to:Oracle MES for Discrete Manufacturing - Version 12.2 to 12.2.7 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle MES Work Station, when attempting to view/report exceptions, the following error occurs when components with more than 40 characters in length are encountered.
"ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small ORA-06512: at "APPS.WIP_EXP_NOTIF_WF_PKG", line 106 ORA-06512: at line 2"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility = MES Work Station
2. Query Job = 10436897, choose operation 10
3. In Actions LOV, choose View Exceptions
4. Exception Number 7125735
5. Select component. ................................................ > 40 characters
6. "ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small ORA-06512: at "APPS.WIP_EXP_NOTIF_WF_PKG", line 106 ORA-06512: at line 2"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document