Receiving Dashboard (HTML / OAF) Record Locks On Generate Receipt Number: "Unable to lock the record." or "The Receipt Number cannot be null"
(Doc ID 2346426.1)
Last updated on MARCH 28, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Error #1: "Unable to lock the record. Cause the record is modified by another user".
Error #2: "The Receipt Number cannot be null".
The application framework (OAF) Receiving Dashboard raises a lock error if a second user attempts to generate a receipt number while another user is working on receiving in the same organization.
When using OAF Receipt Dashboard, users trying to perform receipts at same time experience record locks. Issue seems to occur when one user creates a receipt header number and is working on updating the receipt header information (but before clicking Receive to commit the record) then if another user(s) try to perform receipt and generate receipt number they get record lock. Se attached file with steps screenshots. At moment seems function only really works to have one user operating at a time, which is not possible to do when in production environment.
Unable to lock the record. Cause the record is modified by another user
The Receipt Number cannot be null
1. Inventory responsibility > Inbound > Receive (HTML Dashboard opens).
2. Use item action and input details
3. Click “+” icon to create new receipt number
4. Proceed to fill out rest of header information
5. Leave screen in current state on receipt header entry with Receipt # visible
6. Another user in the meantime also performing receipt process
7. USER 2 gets to header screen and tries to click “+” icon to create new receipt number and gets record lock error #1: "Unable to lock the record. Cause the record is modified by another user".
8. If user tries to proceed without receipt number, then receive error #2: "The Receipt Number cannot be null".
* This impacts the quick receipt, directed receipt, and new 'item receipt'. Users can skip generating the receipt number in quick and directed, but not 'item receipt'.
While the quick receipt and directed receipt allow users to skip generating the receipt number, the new "item receipt" functionality backported to R12.2.6 does NOT allow a user to enter a receipt without first generating the receipt.
* Item receipt will be the standard way users do all receiving.
Multiple receivers cannot be transacting in same org at same time, will slow down receiving process .
Expect to have many receivers using the receiving screens concurrently so having the locks will impede their progress.
It will be common to have 5-10 people doing receipts for an inventory organization at the same time. As you can imagine, multiple shipments arriving and being unloaded/received across numerous receiving locations (yards, warehouses, etc) will result in the need for multiple users accessing the function at the same time.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document