When Purchase Requisition is Returned and is Having Inactive Charge/Budget Account, System Should Show a Friendly User Error Message
(Doc ID 2348221.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.9 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to return a purchase requisition (PR) using Document Builder from Buyer Work Center (BWC)
the following error occurs.
## Detail 0 ##
oracle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException: po.plsql.PO_DOCUMENT_ACTION_AUTH.return_action:80:do_return not successful - po.plsql.PO_DOCUMENT_ACTION_PVT.do_action:110:unexpected error in action call
In the FND Log following error has been identified:
p_msg_name = XLA_AP_CCID_INACTIVE_DATE
Error is caused by charge account/budget account used on the PR distribution been inactive.
System needs to show a user friendly error message. This would allow users to fix the inactive account combination.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a PR in encumbered Operating Unit.
2. Reserve and Approve the PR.
3. Disable the account combination that was used on PR distribution as charge/budget account.
This can be done from General Ledger Responsibility > Setup > Accounts -> Combinations form.
4. Query the PR in BWC > Requisitions > Demand Workbench page.
5. Select the PR and click on 'Return' button.
6. In Return page, enter the reason and click on Apply button.
7. Technical error page was shown to user.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document