GST - Payables - Excess amount in Schedule Payment
(Doc ID 2350182.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Financials for India - Version 12.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Payables - Excess amount in Schedule Payment
Its observed that over payment issue is occurring for ERS Invoice. When the
users are inserting new distribution lines and validating, schedule payment
amount is showing over amount. The Tax amount is added twice in
AP_PAYMENTS_SCHEDULES_ALL.GROSS AMOUNT field
Tax Amount should not be added twice
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an ERS Invoice with GST taxes attached to it. Go to payments
Schedules tab and find that Invoice amount matches with the Gross amount of
2. Go to Lines and add an exta amount of -0.1 to adjust the rounding of
overall invoice amount. For example, the Item Line amount is 1000 and MISC
line amount for Taxes is 98.1. An extra line amount of -0.1 is added to make
the invoice amount to 1098.00
3. In the Lines only add the default Distribution account
4. save the Invoice
5. validate the Invoice for the first time with this and finds that the
Invoice status changes to "Needs Revalidation"
6. Without changing anything, validate the invoice again. This time Invoice
7. Go to Payments schedules tab and find that the Gross amount exceeds the
Invoice amount y the Tax amount
The issue has the following business impact:
Overpayment to Supplier creating extra liability
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document