PO Line Description Containing CR/LF (carriage return/line feed) Causes A Document Revision If The Line Is Updated In BWC
(Doc ID 2351753.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 06, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When PO line description contains CR/LF (carriage return/line feed) CR/LF will be removed if the line is updated in BWC(Buyer Work Center).
When PO line description contains CR/LF, CR/LF will not be removed if the line is updated in BWC.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a purchase order in Purchasing Responsibility -> Purchase Orders ->Purchase Orders
2. Add a line with a description like:
"This is the line description;
And this is the second line"
3. Save the order and verify the description with a new line after retrieving it again
4. Go to Buyer Work Center/Orders and retrieve the order
5. Search the order and click on the link to open the order and go to the lines tab
6. Press the details button to open the details of the line
->the line description is displayed correctly
7. Press the Update button on the right of the form
->the description is still shown in two lines
8. Press the Apply button then check it by opening the line again using the pencil icon
->the CR/LF is missing now after the text "description;"
9. Save the changes and go to the Purchase Order Summary Form again
->the CR/LF is missing after the text "description;"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document