AU Payment Summary Amended Contains Incorrect Data
(Doc ID 2354231.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (Australia) - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Australian Payroll, Amended Payment Summary, ATO Data File
The current FY amended payment summary with FBT balance adjustment for an employee terminated in the previous financial year(s) is generated with no Period of Payment dates. Subsequently, the data file has Period of payment end date as termination date instead of a date in the current financial year. Because of this, the data file upload to ATO failed with the below error.
Reason Code: WM20 Total warnings: 44
The Period of payment end date must be within the financial year reported in the Financial year field in the Payer Identity Record.
The Period of Payment date should be populated in the amended payment summary with a date in the current FY (ideally as the last day of the FY) so that the data file upload to ATO would be successful.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Considering the payment summary reporting FY is 2016-2017, terminate an employee in the previous financial year with Actual date in the same year and Final Process date either blank or any date in future to accommodate balance adjustments.
2. Do a FBT balance adjustment as on 31-Mar-2017
3. Run Payment Summary Archive and the subsequent processes to generate the Original payment summary; the Period of Payment dates would show as 01/07/2016 to 30/06/2017
4. Run Payment Summary Data File with Payment Summary Type as 'Original'; the .mf file shows the data as 0107201630062017
5. Do a FBT balance adjustment as on 31-Mar-2017 to adjust the value correctly (to be reported to ATO again as amended)
6. Run 'Payment Summary Archive - Amended' and the subsequent processes to generate the amended payment summary; the Period of Payment dates would show as blank
7. Run Payment Summary Data File with Payment Summary Type as 'Amended'; the .mf file shows the data as 01072016 where DDMMYYYY is the Actual date of termination which is in the previous FY.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document