APP-BOM-20078 Occurs When Copying BOM for Model/Unit Number Effectivity Control Items
(Doc ID 2354663.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 29, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Bills of Material - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Bills
When trying to perform Copying BOM, get the following error.
This error is occurring for only for Items with following conditions.
- Effectivity Control = Model/Unit Number
- Have Alternate Routing
With another conditions below, Copying BOM is good working.
- Effectivity Control = Date, have alternate routing => bill copy ok
- Effectivity Control = Date, have no alternate routing => bill copy ok
- Effectivity Control = Model/Unit Number, have no alternate routing => bill copy ok
APP-BOM-20078: Copying of this structure results in components with overlapping effectivity.
Action: Please verify that if the source structure has same component on different operations, the destination routing exists with those operations.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create Unit/Model effective sub-assemblies: MMItem0108, MMItem0109 and components: SubComp001, SubComp002, SubComp003.
2. Create a bill with "MMItem0108" as assembly and "SubComp001" and "SubComp001" as components.
3. Disable the "SubComp001" by clicking the disable check box.
4. Again add the "SubComp001" as new component.
5. Copy the bill to "MMItem0109".
6. Error occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!