Personalization not taking effect while creating Person type Party
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Trading Community - Version 12.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Release 12 version, Common Party UI Component
Personalization was setup on the Customer Online (IMC) Customer search form to require both First and Last name. First and Last name are fields needed to define a party of party type Person.
The Customers Online (IMC) form is not requiring entry in both fields (Last and First Name) which were made mandatory via Personalization.
If just one of fields (First or Last name) is provided, the Personalization added to the form should cause an error and not allow the user to proceed.
But the User is able to save the record by providing data for just one of fields. Form validation is not working as expected.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Set the profile Personalize Self-Service Define to yes and set the Disable Self-Service Personal No
1. Navigate to Customers Online super user responsibility
2. Click on Person. Enable First and Last name as Mandatory via Personalization setup.
4. Create Party without entering Last name details
6. The Party is created without any error.
7. Click on update icon and save
8. Error displays "Form validation error. A value must be entered for Lastname"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms