Java Web Start - Unable To Drill Down To Transactions From GL Without Closing Forms And Reopening
(Doc ID 2361622.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2023
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Application Object Library - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Java Web Start installed.
Users are experiencing a number of issues after starting to use this. When a user navigates from forms to web pages and then back again into forms, such as when drilling down into source transactions from General Ledger, the user is now prompted to sign into Oracle for a second time, close down oracle forms, and drill down into the transaction a second time.
You are now required to exit Oracle
Your current forms session does not match your self service session. If you wish to launch a new form from your self service login, you must exit Oracle Applications. Do you wish to exit your current forms session.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: General Ledger Super User >Navigation: Inquiry > Account
2. In Account Inquiry form, enter Account details to find an account with a transaction sourced from another module (such as Payables)
3. Click Show Journal Details button
4. Select a transaction with a Source from another module (such as Payables)
5. Click Drilldown button
6. Log in to Oracle for a second time
7. See View Journal Entry Lines web page
8. Click View Transaction button
9. You are prompted to open or save frmservlet.jnlp
10. Click Open button (no options to always do this in Internet Explorer)
11. You are now required to exit Oracle
12. Click OK button
13. Oracle Forms closes, now have to go back to the View Journal Entry Lines webpage
14. Html page is opened
15. Again click View Transaction button
16. You are prompted to open or save frmservlet.jnlp
17. Subledger form (such as Invoice Workbench) opens
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document