Service Request Form: Instance Number Is Not Getting Auto Populated While Searching For Install Base Details
(Doc ID 2363040.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Teleservice - Version 12.2.6 and later
Oracle Customer Care - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the main Service Request (SR) form, the Instance details are not getting defaulted while searching for the Install Base(IB) details.
However, when creating a SR in the Contact Center form using Account Number, the instance number gets auto populated when the customer is associated with the single Item Instance.
If the customer is associated with single instance, the instance details should get defaulted in SR form while searching for the IB details.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to (R) Service -> Customer Management -> Contact Center.
2. Select the customer 'Test1' and account number 'XXXX'. Click on Install Base tab. Observed there is only one instance 'YYYYYY' existing for this party.
3. Under Service Request tab, entered the account number and tab out.
4. Clicked on search icon of Instance field.
5. In the 'Search Installed Base' form, clicked on search button.
One record is populated in results grid and immediately without any action, the details (instance number - YYYYYY and item - ZZZZZZ) are filled in instance and the item field.
Repeated the above step for customer 'Test2' (account number - BBBBB) and it has multiple instance number under 'Install base' tab.
In the 'Search Installed Base' form, clicked on search button. The search results returned more than one records, then its allowing to click either 'OK' or 'Cancel' button.
The details are get filled in instance and the item field under 'Service Requests' tab only if we click on 'OK' button in 'Search Installed Base' form.
1. Navigate to (R) Service -> Service requests -> Create Service request.
2. Entered the account number 'XXXX' in Create SR form and tab out. The customer and address details are defaulted.
3. Clicked on search icon of Instance field.
4. In the 'Search Installed Base' form, clicked on search button. One record (instance number - YYYYYY) is populated in results grid.
When click on 'OK' button, then only the instance and the item field is filled with selected instance details.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document