Discrete Job Creation Fails/hangs With 'Scheduling Job And Creating Material Requirements' Message
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Discrete Job Creation fails/hangs with 'Scheduling Job and Creating Material Requirements'
The Discrete Job form is hanging to create a job after upgrade from R12 to 12.2.6.
Tried the following:
To implement the solution, please execute the following steps:
1. Run Gather Schema Statistics for WIP, INV, BOM and MRP at 50%--these run nightly and nothing out of the ordinary.
2. Using Adadmin, regenerate the WIPDJMDF form. Please make sure to use the option to rebuild all dependent libraries--done this several times.
3. Using Adadmin, please relink the entire WIP schema
4. Bounce Apache & OA Core server
5. Retest the issue--issue still present
The version of forms and pl/sql:
The Discrete Job form should take a couple of seconds to save.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Work In Process.
2. Navigation: Discrete -> Discrete Jobs.
3. Click on New.
4. Enter Assembly, start quantities, mrp quantities, start and completion date.
5. Click on Save and form hangs
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms