Split Asset - Rounding Issue in Displaying the Cost of Split Component
(Doc ID 2366721.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Lease Authoring
Find that when using the Split Asset into Components Revision Type, there is rounding issue in displaying the cost of split component. The sum of total cost is not same as total cost of the original asset being split.
However, after performing the Process Asset Split, the cost is displayed correctly in the configuration tab.
Expect the cost of every component to be displayed correctly even before Process Split Asset.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Author a lease contract with 1 asset having cost as $2735.11
2. Book the contract
3. Perform a revision of type Split Asset into Components
4. Enter revision date and choose the asset having cost 2735.11 sing LOV and click on Go
5. Enter 2 records with Split percent as 50 for both and click on Apply
6. The Asset cost for each component shows as 1,367.56 which is incorrect because the sum of them come to 2735.12 which is different from the original cost.
7. Click on Process Split Asset
8. Go to configuration tab and query the 2 assets and the cost shows as one 1367.55 and the other as 1357.56 which is correct.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document