Update Quantities from Lot Inter-Class Unit of Measure Conversions Form is Giving Error, "For A Fixed Conversion The Sectondary Quantity Can Not Deviate"
(Doc ID 2368644.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 12, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Inventory Convergence
For an item set up as dual UOM, Default, 0 Deviations (or Fixed), when attempting to enter a lot-specific UOM conversion, and clicking Update Quantities and selecting Update Type of "Recalculate Batch Secondary Quantity", get the following error
For a Fixed Conversion the secondary quantity cannot deviate.
All records failed after line validation
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a lot-controlled item with tracking in primary and secondary, either Fixed or with Default but 0 deviations, primary KG, secondary LTR
2. Create UOM conversion with conversion factor 1 LTR = 1.12 KG
3. Use this item in a batch and yield a lot with quantities 4052.16 KG and 3618.00 LTR
4. Go to Lot Specific Conversions, enter item, lot, UOM, and conversion factor of 1.1. Click Update Quantities
5. Select Update Type of "Recalculate Batch Secondary Quantity". Click Save, and Save again after returning to the Lot Conversion form.
6. Get error
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot enter lot-specific conversions and have the batch transactions updated based on the conversion.
Customer says this was working until they applied the following patches:
26399322 .( R12.WMS.B.delta.17 )
However, in testing with WMS delta 14 the problem was also reproducable, so apparently it has not been working for some time.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document