Rebook Adjustments are not Correct for a Contract having Inclusive Tax
(Doc ID 2370560.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Rebook Functionality is not working if Stream Amounts are inclusive of Tax
Profile Option "OKL:Apply Billing Adjustment" defined as 'Pre-seeded application'.
System Options --> Operational Options --> Reverse Invoice From Revision Date defined as 'Yes '.
Receivables --> Transaction Sources --> OKL_CONTRACTS --> Receipt Handling for Credits defined as 'On Account'.
New Rebook Functionality with the above configuration:
If Rent Streams are billed and some of the invoices fully received and some are fully outstanding or partially outstanding. after performing rebook to adjust rent, expecting system to generate Credit Memos for originally billed amount and auto apply credit memos with Invoices. If Invoices are already received then unapply the receipts and apply the Credit memos to invoices.
New invoices should then be generated for revised amounts.
Above functionality is working as expected if Stream amounts are Exclusive of Tax or Tax is not applicable scenario.
The issue comes when Rent streams are inclusive of Tax (setup in EB Tax).
System generating Credit memos for original billed amount, however, it is not auto applying to Invoices if invoices are fully outstanding, partially received invoices or fully received invoices.
System generating new Invoices for revised amounts.
1. Create a Lease contract with rent Streams inclusive of Tax.
2. Bill the contract up to today.
3. Apply receipt to some of the invoices.
4. Rebook and adjust rent as of the contract effective from date.
5. Activate the revised contract.
6. Run the "Master Program - Receivables Invoice Transfer" program and examine the RA interface table.
7. Run the "AutoInvoice Import" program and notice the credit memos are created for the original invoice amount but they are not applied to the invoices. Also, the system has generated new invoices for revised amount.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document