Unable to Create New Ledger in Error Could not Find Flexfield Structure
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2018
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to create a new ledgers from Accounting Setup Manager, the following error occurs. This occurs after the flexfield is compiled at the first time, but it does not occur after compiling again.
The data that defines the flexfield on this field may be inconsistent. Inform your system administrator that the function: KeyFlexfieldDefinitionFactory.getStructureNumber could not find the structure definition for the flexfield specified by Application = SQLGL, Code = GL# and Structure number =
The key flexfield with application name General Ledger (SQLGL), name Accounting Flexfield (GL#), and structure 'Structure Name' ('Structure Name') is not compiled. Please contact your system administrator
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Setup : Financials : Flexfields : Key : Segments.
2. Create a new Accounting Flexfield Structure.
3. Freeze Flexfield Definition and compile.
4. Navigate to Setup : Financials : Accounting Setup Manager : Accounting Setups.
5. Click on Create Accounting Setup button.
6. Fill required details , Ledger name , calendar, above Structure Name.
7. Finish Create Accounting Setup: Save Accounting Structure page.
8. Update Accounting Options.
9. Update Ledger Options.
--> The above error is occurred.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms