Rejected RMA Created Invoice With Freight Amount Even When Profile OM: Generate Credit For Rejected Returns Is Set To No
(Doc ID 2372593.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.2.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.7 version, Finance & Accounting
Find that Freight line associated with Rejected RMA line is interfacing to AR and creating credit memo.
RMA is created by copy option from an order, the original order had freight charge applied to the line, now when RMA is created it also copies that freight charge which is expected. During receiving item is completely rejected and due to profile OM: Generate credit for rejected returns it goes as NOT_ELIGIBLE in OE_ORDER_LINES_ALL however the freight lines associated with the line get invoiced to AR which is not expected .Expectation is if the parent line is not interfacing to AR then freight should also not interface..
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set the profile option OM: Generate credit for rejected returns to No.
2. Create outbound Sales order.
3. Add freight Charge to the order Line.
4. Book, Pick Release and Ship Confirm the Order.
5. Create Invoice for the order which includes the freight amount.
6. Create RMA by copying sales order created.
7. Approved RMA
8. During Receiving Inventory Reject the RMA
9. Close the RMA Order Line.
10. Create Credit Memo for the order Line and observe the credit memo for freight change is created
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document