Leading Zeros Removed From Char Type Attribute Value During Multi Item Create
(Doc ID 2372986.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Catalog items
Leading zeros are removed from Char type attribute value during Multi Item Creation.
The leading zeros are removed from Character type attribute value during multi item creation and the value entered is all numeric values starting with a zero. The value entered in the 'Function' attribute value (CHAR) in the UI gets stored in the interface table without leading zeros. This is causing issues creating item numbers with dash values example xxxxx-001 becomes xxxxx-1. Also if there is a valid value set associated with the attribute and the attribute value is all numbers that start with a 0, the concurrent program gets an error saying the value is invalid.
Expected result is if user enters 01 in a char field, the value is saved as 01.
The work around is to use single item create.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Development Manager->Item Catalog->Create Production Items
2. Enter ICC and Number of Items
3. Number of items must be greater than 1
4. Enter the attribute value in 'Function' as 00 for item 1 and 01 for item 2
5. Log showing item numbers created and request id
6. Search the item 1 and open item overview details page
7. First item created with 0 for function attribute value
8. Search the item 2 and open item overview details page
9. Second item created with 1 for function attribute value
10. The data is the interface table shows leading zeros have been removed. (Table : ego_itm_usr_attr_intfc)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document