Error Unable to setup a Credit Card bank account for the customer. Credit card information on the order is not valid.
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.6 version, Transaction Entry
When attempting to save a credit card order the following error occurs.
Unable to setup a Credit Card bank account for the customer. Credit card information on the order is not valid.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log Into order Management responsibility.
2. Navigate to Sales order header
3. Enter customer information and payment Type = Credit Card.
Notice the Credit card number and type is defaulted.
4. Now change the Credit card type and Notice the Credit card number field is not cleared.
5. Enter the Credit card number field manually and try to save you will get the error.
1. If a new Credit Card added the first time, no issue! It adds correctly.
2. Issue occurs when a default Credit Card info populated on the Sales Order page (say Visa), and then if changed (say, to Amex). Then it is still passing the credit card type as VISA and Card Number as AMEX card# to the IBY API. That is where its failing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms