Incorrect Discrete Jobs Relief After Application Of WIP Patch 25166872
(Doc ID 2375811.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After application of WIP consolidated patch 25166872, the Master Production Schedule (MPS) is relieved twice by the same Discrete Job when the Discrete Job's completion date is changed.
Once a Discrete Job's completion date is used and the Job's completed quantity has been consumed/used to relieve the MPS, the job completed quantity cannot relieve more of the MPS.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Oracle discrete jobs which have already relieved the EBS Master Production Schedule (MPS) and been completely consumed/used, relieve the MPS schedule again when the completion date is changed. (Planning is distorted)
2. Work order with a completion date of X relieves the quantity.
3. Change discrete job to a completion date of Y.
- Responsibility = Work In Process (WIP)
- Navigation = Discrete-> Discrete
- Query discrete job
- Change the Discrete Job Completion Date from X to Y.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users have inaccurate planning whenever they change a job's completion date
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!