FRM-40831 Error When Querying Sales Orders Whose Shipping Instructions Value Exceed 500 Characters
Last updated on MAY 08, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Transaction Entry
When attempting to query sales orders, whose shipping instructions value exceed 500 characters in "View Audit History" form,the following error occurs.rs.
FRM-40831: Truncation occurred: value too long for field OLD_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE
1. Set the Audit Trail System Parameter
i) Go to Responsibility Order Management Super User - Setup - System Parameters - Values
ii) Query for Parameter = "Audit Trail" and set the Parameter to value "Enable when Order is Entered"
2. Create a Processing Constraint on Shipping Instructions field of Order Header for 'Update' operation to capture History i.e 'Require History' as the Action
3. Go to Responsibility Order Management Super User - Orders, Returns - Sales orders
4. Create a sales order and enter the shipping instructions in "Others" tab of the sales order.
5. Re-Query for a sales order which has a Shipping Instruction entered
6. Go to "Others" Tab and change the Shipping instruction to a value greater than 500 characters and save the changes
7. Close the sales order form
8. Run "Audit History Consolidator" concurrent program for Order Number created in above step 4.
9. Go to Responsibility Order Management Super User - Orders, Returns - View Audit History
10. Enter the Sales Order number created in step 4 and click 'Find' button and get the error
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms