OKS UBB-Billing Processes without Meter Readings Entered and Make Ineligible for Reprocessing
(Doc ID 2379843.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2.5 and later
Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Billing Modules
OLFM/OKS UBB-Billing processes and marks periodic OKS-Billing-Lines without meter readings entered and there by make ineligible for reprocessing when actual meter readings are captured and entered.
Expect to be able to go back and perform counter reading for those months that were missed
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Book a Contract with Usage with 0 Minimum, Default Quantities and Base Reading with Usage-Type: Variable Rate
2) Enter Counter Readings from Jan-YYYY thru May-YYYY and Run Service Contracts Main-Billing
3) Usage-Billing Invoices are Generated for the Jan-YYYY thru May-YYYY on the first run of Service Contracts Main Billing
4) Now, don't enter any Meter-readings for Jun-YYYY thru Aug-YYYY and run Service Contract Billing Till End of Aug-YYYY . No Usage Billing Generated (Calculated-Amount Value is 0 )
5) Now, Now Enter Meter-readings for Sep-YYYY and Oct-YYYY and not for Nov-YYYY and run Service Contract Billing Till End of Nov-YYYY. Now Usage Billing Generated for Sep-YYYY and Oct-YYYY and But Not for Nov-YYYY)
6) Once Service Contract Billing is run for any Billing-Periods without Counter-Readings, no Billing will be generated for those periods. And you can't go backward for those periods to Enter-readings after Billing is processed. Only new cumulative reading can be captured for the next Unbilled-Period and Usage Invoice will get generated for that period.
7) This is an issue for business-operations as UBB-Billing is run on a daily basis and without the meter readings entered, OKS/OLFM shouldn't mark them as processed as there could be time-delay between Counter-reading entered vs actual UBB-Billing is processed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document