Retroactive Awards Causing Erroneous/Unexpected Changes In Present Day Processing
(Doc ID 2383514.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle US Federal Human Resources - Version 12.2 HRMS RUP4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2 HRMS RUP4 version, RPA Forms and Processing
Retroactive Awards Causing Erroneous/Unexpected Changes in Present Day Processing
It appears that awards are creating entries in the employee assignment history record that are not apparent until a user attempts to process a new correction action. The first user processes a retroactive assignment changing action. A second user processes a retroactive award that is effective earlier than the reassignment. When the first user attempts to correct intervening actions to bring the new assignment change info to present, the position info from the retroactive award appears on the correction. This is affecting position information as well as step and pay information. Award actions should never effect changes to position, step, money, etc.
Expect: FROM Side position to not match the value used in the retro NOA 721 action; nor did the From/TO steps reflect the NOA 893 action that was effective after the NOA 430 action.
Note: If there was no retro Award action, when user processed Correction to NOA 280 after a retro NOA 721 RPA was processed, the Correction NOA 280 RPA reflected the correct position and step data.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Record setup: Retro Reassignment, Retro Award, Correction/280
2. Original NOA 280 contains the correct step from the NOA 893 action
3. Process NOA 721 Reassignment eff 23Jul2017 – changing to a different position
4. Selected new TO position
5. Process Retro Award of 22-May-2017
6. SF-50 for Retro Award – still reflects the Position Sequence of the original position
7. Correction to NOA 280
8. FROM Side did not reflect the new position sequence from the retro NOA 721
9. Saved RPA to In-Box, Recall RPA from In –box
10. RPA opened – no refresh of the FROM side and FROM side step is incorrect – did not pull in the new Position sequence from the 721 action
11. Entered TO position, even though FROM side position/step is incorrect and TO side step is blank
12. Block 19: is blank
13. FROM Side position did not match the value used in the retro NOA 721 action; nor did the From/TO steps reflect the NOA 893 action that was effective after the NOA 430 action.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document