Price List: Precision Issue With Pricing Attribute
(Doc ID 2387479.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Pricing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Precision issue with Pricing attribute
A pricing attribute has a value set of type number , Max length 10 and Precision of 6.
You enter a 10 digit decimal value on the Price list screen which is truncated to 6 characters on sales order line , causing pricing error:
ITEM and UOM not on pricelist
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
OM Super User
Setup > Financials > Flexfields > Validation > Sets
1. Create a Value Set:
type number , Max length 10 and Precision of 6
Setup > Attribute Management > Attribute Linking and Mapping
Pricing Transaction Entity = Order Fulfillment Context Type = Pricing Context
Create a context and assign to the value set created in 1 above
2. Assign Value set to pricing attribute
3. Pull up a price list and goto price list line
a. click Pricing Attributes
4. Select the pricing attribute from 2 above
5. You can enter a value where precision > 6 (ex. .7777777)
6. Now enter a sales order
7. sales order line under pricing attributes...enter a value = 7 precision (ex. 7777777) and it is truncated to .777778
8. save and get error because ..777778 <> .7777777.....thus, receive error:
ITEM And UOM not on price list error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document