Accounting In Projects Is Different Than Payables For Tax And Item Lines
(Doc ID 2389465.1)
Last updated on MAY 17, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Project Costing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Accounting in Projects is different than the Payables for Tax and Item lines
Having issues with accounting in Project expenditures.
An invoice which is matched to PO and charged to a Project with a task( Expense).
Later initial invoice lines were discarded, PO was updated with a different task(Capital) for same project.
Invoice is re-matched to same PO but the Project task is different.
1. Invoice is created and Matched to PO. This is coded to a project where task is expense type
2. Invoice tax and invoice price variance lines are coded to account 555000
3.Invoice is validated, accounted and paid
4. Invoice is transferred to Projects. Tax and Invoice price variance lines charge account is still coded 555000
5. Invoice lines are discarded and reversal entries are coded to 555000
6. Unreceive the PO
6. Updated the PO with a different task (Capital) but same project # as earlier
8. Received the PO
9. Re-entered the lines, matched to PO and coded to different task as PO but same project # as earlier
10. Invoice validated and accounted
11. Invoice is transferred to Projects
12. New Tax and Invoice Price Variance lines are coded to 175030
13. Earlier discarded lines reversal entries are interfaced but the charge account is 175030 instead of 555000.
This is the issue, reversal entries should be code to 555000(Expense) but are going into 175030 (Capital).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!