Issue With Employee W-2 Box 20 Locality Name When City and County Have the Exact Same Legal Name
(Doc ID 2390033.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2019
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, US Payroll Year End
Employee's can have local tax withheld for Henderson county and Henderson city, Kentucky. When the W2 Box 20 information is populated, it shows Henderson on both lines. There is no way to determine, from the W2, which is county and which is city tax withheld
To see Henderson Cnty on the county tax line for the W2. Employee's have to file separate county and city taxes. They have to know which tax is for county and which is for city
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Process payroll for an employee that works in Henderson, Kentucky
2. Add some tagged earnings that are for Henderson County only
3. See on the Statement of Earnings the employee has City and County tax withheld
4. Run the Year End Preprocess
5. Run the Employee W2 PDF
6. See in Box 20
Correct tax withheld for City Box 20 shows Henderson
Correct tax withheld for County Box 20 shows Henderson
7. Employee's do not know if this is for Henderson county or Henderson city
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document