R12: OIE Allows a Charge To Be Made to a Closed Project Task Using an Allocation Set
(Doc ID 2392084.1)
Last updated on JULY 10, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Internet Expenses - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Expense Entry
OIE allows charge to closed task using allocation sets.
OIE allows charge to a project task that is end dated when a project allocation set is used and the user then manually changes the task on the allocations page after applying the allocation set. When allocation set is not used and values are manually entered into the allocations form for both project and task, the form works properly and gives "The expenditure item date is not within the active dates of the task" error message.
The same error should occur when using the allocation set then modifying the task that does when manually entering the allocation data without using an allocation set.
Line 1 Error - The expenditure item date is not within the active dates of the task"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup an Allocation Set (OIE responsibility: OIE Home Page, Preferences icon=>Preferences=>Allocations)
Select an active project and an active task. Select Save then Apply.
2. Navigate back to the OIE Home Page and select Create Report
3. Enter required data in the General information page and select an expense template that has project enabled expense types.
4. Select Next
5. Enter a Cash and Other Expense line for today's date, select an expense type that is project related.
6. Select the Details icon for the line.
7. Select the Return button.
8. Select the Next button.
9. Select your expense line, then My Allocations.
10. Pick the Allocation Set from step 1 and then Apply.
11. Manually enter an End Dated task instead of the active one used in the allocation set.
12. Select Next
13. Message appears: "Review the expense report below before submission."
14. What is expected to see is "Error Line 1 Error - The expenditure item date is not within the active dates of the task"
15. Select Next
16. Submit the expense report from the Final Review page and no error occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!